[Tutor] Tkinter

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Aug 8 09:12:59 CEST 2004

> I am working through an online python tutorial. I have just reached
the
> point covering GUI programming. The tutorial imports the Tkinter
module.

Tkinter must be installed on your system and that means Python
must be built to accept Tkinter. If you are using Linux you can
rebuild the sources or find a package (rpm etc) that has it
already. On windows Tkinter should be there already. I'm not
sure about MacOSX, you may have to do some messing around there?
(I use MacOSX but I've never used Tkinter on the Mac for some
reason...)

Rebuilding Python with Tkinter on linux is simply a matter
of running the config script before make.

HTH,

Alan G
http://www.freenetpages.co.uk/hp/alan.gauld/tutor2