[Tutor] Need help with telnet

Lloyd Kvam pythonTutor at venix.com
Wed Aug 11 21:37:34 CEST 2004

If chessclub.com uses gnuchess, you might find the sample program for
popen2 in Fredrik Lundh's book "Python Standard Library" useful.  It's
from chapter three on page 104.

I believe much of the material in the book has been posted to the
Internet.

You would have to adapt the example to fit telnetlib.  Danny has already
pointed you towards the documentation for telnetlib.  Lundh's book also
has an example for telnetlib.

On Wed, 2004-08-11 at 10:13, Ali Polatel wrote:
> Friends I want to write a programme which connects to the chess server
> that I play chess using telnet...
> The IP of the chess server is "65.245.208.34" (ports is 5007 or 5072)
> (www.chessclub.com is the url)
> Can someone write me a simple script so that I can understand how to
> write telnet scripts with python?
> Regards,
> Ali Polatel

Lloyd Kvam