[Tutor] Python spawning extra processes

Britt Green seamonkeys at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 05:00:19 CEST 2004

Hey all!

I've encountered something odd that I'm hoping someone can clarify for
me. I've coded a very simple chat server in Python, using the Twisted
libraries. From Windows XP, I launch it from Idle and do my thing. I
then quit it by pressing CTRL-C in the Python shell.

If I then go into my Task Manager, I see that the pythonw.exe process
started by the program is still there. Executing the script creates
another process that doesn't go away when I terminate the program. I
noticed this today when I saw I had 30+ pythonw.exe processes going!

I'm wondering what's causing this and how to get it to stop.

Cheers!

Britt