[Tutor] Please comment my -first- script

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Aug 18 09:29:37 CEST 2004

> I'd like to have some advice if some things could have been done
better.
> File was renamed to txt for safer internet transfer.

Good idea on the rensame. it means it opens in notepad instead
of executing when I double click the attachment. I like it! :-)

You dopn't need the

s= string

line, you can just do:

import string as s

However I don't think you need the string module at all,
you can use the builtin string methods:

st = 2a string"
words = st.split()

etc.

Also the filename manipulation can be done with a python module
called os.path. It has functions for splitting and joining paths,
filenames, checking modification dates etc...

Not to mention the path.walk() function for traversing folders.

HTH,

Alan G.