[Tutor] Need Help with Source Code [please tell us what you wantus to look at] (fwd)

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Aug 18 20:49:37 CEST 2004

What Danny, and others, have been trying to say to you is that we
need to know exactly what error message. Be specific. Post the
actual text of the error. Python error messages may look obscure
to a beginner but they are actually very informative and once
you get used to them will usually tell you exactly where to look.

So do not post the fact you get "an error message" rather post
the actual error message. And ideally the code that generated
it, if its not too long!

Otherwise we are just guessing or else doing your job for you.
We are all volunteers on tutor, our time is as precious to us
as yours is to you. So do your share of eliminating the obvious
and we will try to help.

HTH,

Alan G
http://www.freenetpages.co.uk/hp/alan.gauld/tutor2/