[Tutor] Question regarding character conversion usage.

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Aug 19 09:58:14 CEST 2004

> It was nice to see a little EBCDIC again.  I'm a former architect
for
> Amdahl, which made IBM-compatible mainframes.  I grew up on EBCDIC,
and
> never really have learned ASCII intuitively as I did EBCDIC.

Ah, Ahmdal! The memories. 3 Amdhals clustered, with a 600GB online
database, c1985 :-)

Whatever happened to Ahmdal? Are they still extant? Doing what?
Like most of the mainframe companies they seem to have disappeared
from the (my?) landscape.

And, just to bring Python back in, does anyone know if the is a
port of Python to MVS?

Alan G.