[Tutor] Komodo

Mike Hansen mhansen at cso.atmel.com
Fri Aug 20 16:45:14 CEST 2004

I just upgraded from Activestate's Komodo 2.5.2 to 3.0. I really like
the new code browser. For Python programs it shows all the functions,
global variables, and imports in one pane/frame. When you click on a
function in that pane/frame, the doc string for the function appears in
another pane/frame and the editor jumps to that function. Very cool. I
think Scite does some of this, but I don't know if Scite does code
completion or syntax checking. Anyone know?

Speaking of syntax checking, is there a tool that checks your syntax in
Python without having to run the code. In Perl, you can do Perl -c
yourprogram.pl, and it will give you the syntax errors. Although Komodo
has syntax checking built in, I sometimes do some Python development on
OSX. There doesn't seem to be an OSX port of Komodo, so I'd need
something else to check the syntax of a Python program.

Mike