[Tutor] Novice programming errors

Jonathan Hayward jonathan.hayward at pobox.com
Sat Aug 21 00:02:51 CEST 2004

To the beginners and people like Danny Yoo who answer a lot of questions...

I'm doing some research and would like to get a feel for common novice
errors. I'm interested both in syntax errors that cause compilation
errors, and things like division by zero or key errors. To new
programmers especially, could you give me specific examples of errors
you've struggled with?

Many thanks,

++ Jonathan Hayward, jonathan.hayward at pobox.com
** To see an award-winning website with stories, essays, artwork,
** games, and a four-dimensional maze, why not visit my home page?
** All of this is waiting for you at http://JonathansCorner.com