[Tutor] Questions on CGI script

Ms Soo Chong s4046441 at student.uq.edu.au
Sat Aug 21 00:53:21 CEST 2004

Thanks Kent for the useful example but I'm still having some problem.
I tried the typing the code (from the webpage) and generate it, hope to see some output
and learn from there. But it shows Server Error on the web browser. (After reading
through the example - Writing CGI programs in python, I thought I understand whats
going on but in fact maybe not, since I still failed to generate a form and output.)

http://www.devshed.com/c/a/Python/Writing-CGI-Programs-in-Python

I wanna to display a text box where user type their query msg and a submit box to
process the query. Should I create another html file and open in read mode in my actual script? Then,

import cgi
form = cgi.FieldStorage()

It may be simple to alot of people but sorry I don't really understand the procedure
of writing a cgi script. Can someone please help me by giving a simple example on
generating a search and displaying the result? Greatly appreciated.

I have been trying for the past two days without bothering python tutors but I still can't get it done. HELP.

Thank you in advance.

Shufen