[Tutor] (no subject)

Chad Crabtree flaxeater at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 24 17:19:38 CEST 2004

--- Ashkan Aliabadi <master_knight at fastmail.fm> wrote:

> Hi threre, Last time I had questions, I got nice answers ... and
> beileve me or not it had a great impression on me, I had the
> feeling I'm not alone ;). I wanna thank you for all you
> dedication to python and more importantly to computer science.
> After all I admire your sense of humanity! And here is my new
> question: How can I run a program in the background? As far as I
> know DOS is a single task environment, so, can anything be run
> in the background? If not how can it be done in UNIX? ummm, and
> one more question: how can I compile python programs to .exe? I
> thought compile module would do it, but it compiles python
> programs to .pyc ... thanks special thanks to Mr. Danny Yoo for
> answering my last question ;)

Well I'm not really sure how to run things in the background on unix.
 But on windows, (I'm assuming you are using windows) then just run
the python program with wpython.exe which will not put a box on the
task bar, I've used this in the past with system scheduler to do a
job silently every 5 minutes