[Tutor] import by filename

Chad Crabtree flaxeater at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 25 23:02:47 CEST 2004

I would like to import files by their name.  I will search a
directory
looking for a specific extension then import it as a python module I
think this might be it.  However I am not finding this particularly
transparent.  What I'm worried about is whether or not it needs to
have
a python extension.

*load_source*( 	name, pathname, file)

Load and initialize a module implemented as a Python source file and
return its module object. If the module was already initialized, it
will
be initialized /again/. The name argument is used to create or access
module object. The pathname argument points to the source file. The
file
argument is the source file, open for reading as text, from the
beginning. It must currently be a real file object, not a
user-defined
class emulating a file. Note that if a properly matching
byte-compiled
file (with suffix .pyc or .pyo) exists, it will be used instead of
parsing the given source file.