[Tutor] Python CMS with Editor

Will Roffe holywill at gmail.com
Sun Aug 29 02:54:45 CEST 2004

Hi all,

I'm new to Python and this list and will initially be coming at the
language from a web perspective.

Trying not to reinvent the wheel here, can anyone steer me to a good
Python CMS with a WYSIWYG editor for an end user with no html
knowledge, to make text and pic alterations to their own web site (via
the web-based editor)? I guess traditionally this would have been a
PHP (with web-based editor) and MySQL implementation.

Naturally I'd have to setup/blend the cms into their site's base
template design for them to then take it form there. I have googled
and found some good cms written in Python, but nothing that is simple
or comes with online editor (the likes of Zope is overkill for my
needs).

Although not a CMS, I really like the look of PyWeb
(http://www.freenet.org.nz/python/pyweb/) if someone could give mean
example of incorporating an editor with that, that too would be great.
Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Will Roffé

Business: www.copywriter.co.nz
Personal: www.willroffe.com

A picture may tell a thousand words, but well-crafted words can
influence millions of people. -- Will Roffé.