[Tutor] need help with comparing list of sequences in Python!!

Kent Johnson kent_johnson at skillsoft.com
Mon Aug 30 19:53:19 CEST 2004

Fuzzi,

How do you count mismatches if the lengths of the sequences are different?
Do you start from the front of both sequences or do you look for a best
match? Do you count the extra characters in the longer string as mismatches
or do you ignore them? An example or two would help.

For example if
s1=ABCD
s2=XABDDYY
how many characters do you count as different?

Kent