[Tutor] Problem with 2.4's IDLE

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at freenet.co.uk
Wed Dec 1 10:13:33 CET 2004

> I installed 2.4 today and find that when using its IDLE, File|Open
opens
> to  \Documents and Settings\Dick, a long ways from \Python24.
Actually,
> I'd prefer \Python24\MyScripts. Same for File|Save. Is there a way
> control this behavior?

Looks like someone has fixed IDLE so that it does what any well
behaved
Windows program should - default to the users MyDocuments folder -
where
Bill G believes we should store all our documents including python
files...

Of course if that is whats happened there should also be an option
to change the default, or alternatively t should remember the last
place you saved to... Provided it does one of those two things its
doing what it should do!

Alan G