Just Because (Was: Re: [Tutor] Global presets ?)

Patric Michael patric at usa.net
Sun Dec 5 23:44:13 CET 2004

<<Snip>>

Folks...

I originally discovered this list while searching Google for the
mathematical expression to convert yards to inches.  Seems someone
already did it in a python function.  (I think maybe it was Kent?)

At any rate, I subscribed to the list out of curiosity, partly because I like
python (even the math challenged like me can manage it!) and because
I am nowhere near fluent with it.

And I stay with the list, partly because the folks who frequent it are by
and large quite friendly, and because there are always little tidbits like
the one below:

> I avoid this by using the
>   import examplemodule as em

How many times have I clobbered a namespace while trying to save a
bit of time typing...  Yeesh!

So, while most everyone here is better suited to make replies, let me
just say "Thanks!" to everyone who takes the time to read, and
especially to those who respond to the wide variety of questions we
post.

Thanks!

Patric