[Tutor] Another ? on large text files

Kooser, Ara S askoose at sandia.gov
Wed Dec 8 19:07:16 CET 2004

I have a large file (4.1 MB, 2600 pgs) of simulated power spectrums. The
problem is that there are 6 separated files all combined into this large
file. I know how to read the file in and then remove the header
information but how would I go about separating the 6 sections into
separate files?

The program I have so far reads in the data and then removes the header
and footer information (most likely in a very inefficient fashion).

The data looks something like this and I just want the numbers.

CERIUS Grapher File
! Start of definition for XY graph Power Spectrum component XX A^4/ps^2
v1
>PLOT XY DATA: "Power Spectrum component XX A^4/ps^2" 1
 0.0000000E+00   3.1251088E-04
 3333.167       2.2011892E-07
>PLOT XY METHOD: "Power Spectrum component YY A^4/ps^2" 1
 COLOUR  RED
The footer continues and then runs into the header of the next set of
data (no space between them)

Thanks,
Ara