[Tutor] Difference between for i in range(len(object)) andfor i in object

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at freenet.co.uk
Fri Dec 10 01:30:17 CET 2004

> Personally I am getting weary of a lot of requests that to me seem
to come
> from a lack of understanding of Python..

To be fair that is what the tutor list is for - learning Python.

> Would you be willing to take a good tutorial so you understand
> basic Python concepts and apply them to your code.

But as a tutor author I do agree that I am often tempted
(and sometimes succumb) to just point at the relevant topic
in my tutorial. Particularly since the latest version tries
to answer all of the most common questions asked here, but
still they come up...

> I also despair that you don't seem to benefit from some of our
suggestions.

And this too can be frustrating but sometimes it is the case
that the "student" simply didn't fully appreciate the
significance of what was offered. I'm feeling generous tonight!

:-)

Alan G