[Tutor] Problem with python2.4.

Jacob S. keridee at jayco.net
Fri Dec 10 01:31:22 CET 2004

Hi all.

    Nothing I can do can fix my problem. It appears as though pythonw.exe is
not working properly in the python 2.4 distribution. I have tried numerous
things to try and fix it. The only way I can run Tk scripts and the like is
to use the pythonw.exe from the 2.3 distribution. This includes idle. I am
running Windows XP and I still can't figure out what's wrong. Nothing has
changed with it since the release version of python2.4 to the final version.
Can anyone help me with my predicament? The symptoms: I click on edit with
idle--which runs the command "C:\python24\pythonw.exe"
"C:\python24\lib\idlelib\idle.pyw" -n -e "%1" --then the computer thinks for
a bit and is silent. I hit Ctrl-Alt-Del and the task manager pops up. I look
in processes, and nothing about pythonw.exe is in there like it should be.
What should I do?