[Tutor] PDF and Python

Aztech Guy aztech1200 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 11 15:18:30 CET 2004

Hi,

If you only want to convert text files, this tool I
wrote may be even easier than using ReportLab:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/xtopdf

It is based on ReportLab. You can use it both as a
standalone command-line tool, to convert a single text
file to PDF. Run PDFWriter.py.

You can easily modify the code to convert more than
one file, or just write a shell script / .BAT/.CMD
file to call it in a loop).

You can also use it progammatically from your Python
programs. Both procedural and object-oriented versions
are available. Look at WritePDF.py and PDFWriter.py.

Look at PDFBook.py for an example of usage of this
tool to create a simple PDF book from a set of text
files representing chapters.

HTH
Az