[Tutor] Complex roots

Dick Moores rdm at rcblue.com
Mon Dec 13 05:41:12 CET 2004

Hmm, sounds like something to sink my teeth into for a while. Thanks for
just enough of a hint as to how to go about it.

But on second thought, how about another hint. How are imaginary roots
approximated? For each root, do you try to approximate root.real and
root.imag simultaneously, or what? Sounds mind-boggling. Maybe I should
start by approximating real roots, if they exist; and cut my teeth on
quadratic equations where b**2 - 4*a*c >= 0! Or linear equations.

Thank you.

Dick Moores