[Tutor] How to launch multiple processes from script?

Mike in Seattle michael.j.eve at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 06:03:43 CET 2004

I'm working my way through the sockets module. To test my simple
server and clients, I'd like a way to launch the server and multiple
clients from one script or batch file,all running simultaneously. Each
server/client should run as it's own process and have a console
window.  I've briefly played with spawn and forkpty with no success.
Running WinXP right now.

I am hoping that there is something as simple as this psuedo code:

for i in range(1..10):
      run_with_console("client.py " +  arg0[i] +" " +arg1[i])

My question is what is pythonese for run_with_console?

Thanks,
Mike