[Tutor] hello i need help

Robert, Andrew ARobert at MFS.com
Thu Dec 16 20:54:57 CET 2004

I recommend you use vim.

You can get it at http://www.vim.org/download.php

Thank you,
Andrew Robert
Systems Architect
Information Technology - OpenVMS
Massachusetts Financial Services
Phone:  617-954-5882
Pager:   781-764-7321
E-mail:  arobert at mfs.com
Linux User Number: #201204

-----Original Message-----
From: tutor-bounces at python.org [mailto:tutor-bounces at python.org] On Behalf Of Jason Child
Sent: Thursday, December 16, 2004 2:43 PM
To: tutor at python.org
Subject: Re: [Tutor] hello i need help

alex biggerstaff wrote:

> is it possible 2 write a script for wordpad or something, i only
> started so i dont know much
> i do know a little about if ($1 == hi)  && (£2 == m8)
> but im not sure how 2 make this apply to other programs. i can only
> write scripts on a thing called mIRC.
> ne help would b great
> thnxs
>
> * ALL-NEW Yahoo! Messenger *
> <http://uk.rd.yahoo.com/evt=21626/*http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com> * -
> all new features - even more fun!* * *

I do not belive that Notepad supports scripting. Take a look at:
http://www.python.org/moin/PythonEditors

in particular you may want to look at JeXt, Syn or Zues.

Tutor maillist  -  Tutor at python.org

"MFS Relay Service" made the following
 annotations on 12/16/2004 03:01:08 PM
This email communication and any attachments may contain proprietary, confidential, or privileged information.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this email in error and that any review, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of it or its contents is prohibited.  The sender does not waive confidentiality or any privilege by mistransmission.  If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately, delete this email, and destroy all copies and any attachments.