[Tutor] Tkinter questions

Mark Kels mark.kels at gmail.com
Sat Dec 18 17:03:10 CET 2004

 > I find the easiest way is to create an PhotoImage object attach
> the graphic file(jpg,bmp,gif) to that and assign the PhotoImage
> object to the Button.image property. You can "animate" the image
> by simply reassigning the file to the underlying PhotoImage onject.
Thanks, but a practical explanation will be more helpful.

> You mean print as in to a printer?
> Personally I tend to generate an HTML file and use the
> native OS Tools to print that. You can get fancy and
> use the native OS priniting libraries but since its
> very OS specific I find HTML is easier! OUtside Tkinter
> you may well find the GUI libraries have done the cross
> platform stuff for you, but not in Tkinter.
Again, a practical explanation will be more helpful...

> Define a full window? You mean full screen?
> Thats usually better done as a parameter that the user can
> set unless there is a very good reason not to. (Personally
> I refuse to use any program that insists on opening full screen!)
Full window or full screen is when the window of the program is all
over the screen except the start bar (or whatever the blue line in the
bottom of a windows xp called).
And why you refuse to use any program that insists on opening full screen ?
If it does then there must be a good reason for that...

> If OTOH you mean that you don't want the DOS box in the background
> thats easy, just rename the .py file to .pyw. But I suspect,
> since you talk about cross platform you mean full screen.
I did wanted a full screen, but this is very helpful too :) .

Thanks allot .

--
1. The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is probably the
day they start making vacuum cleaners.