[Tutor] Popen? or something else

Hugo González Monteverde hugonz-lists at h-lab.net
Wed Dec 22 21:41:14 CET 2004

You may use the 'commands' module, if your subprocess should return
right away, then you can use:

##
import commands

mystring = commands.getoutput("dtg")

##

then mystring should have "2004122212" (and possibly '\n', but you'll
have to check that out, not sure about your command)in it...

Hope it helps, it sure is quicker than popen (I only use popen if I need
to keep  reading the output, for a one-time capture, I personally prefer
the "commands" module...)

Hugo