[Tutor] O.T.

pcarey at lexmark.com pcarey at lexmark.com
Wed Dec 29 14:22:53 CET 2004

27, married, have a 6-month-old boy.

After an MA in literature, I went back to school for a CS degree (about
halfway finished now). Java and XSLT/XML pay the bills, but I would use
python if I could. I enjoy Faulkner, Bach, algorithms, and swimming. I got
interested in computer science because (to me) writing programs feels a lot
like writing short stories or poetry. Likewise (to me), some algorithms
(heapsort, quicksort) really seem to sound like fugues.

|         |           "Robert, Andrew" |
|         |           <ARobert at mfs.com>|
|         |           tutor-bounces at pyt|
|         |           hon.org          |
|         |           12/29/2004 07:55 |
  |       To:       tutor at python.org                                                                                             |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  RE: [Tutor] O.T.                                                                                             |

 I'm a father of two girls, living in Massachusetts.

Professionally, I've been a VMS/Unix Systems Admin for the last 17 years.

This includes designing high availability, fault tolerant configurations
and management of disparate fiber storage area networking solutions.

As an admin, I do a good amount of  DCL, shell/Perl scripting and C/C++
development in support of production cycles.

Recently, I've been doing work with IBM's WebSphere MQSI messaging but
that's still in its infancy.

I hope to use Python as the scripting language to interface with this.

A module called pymqi, http://pymqi.sourceforge.net/, will be the step off
point for much of this.

Thank you,
Andrew Robert