[Tutor] O.T.

Jeff Shannon jeff at ccvcorp.com
Wed Dec 29 19:02:03 CET 2004

I'm 36, unmarried, male, and live in Seattle, Washington (USA).  I've
dabbled with computers and programming on and off since junior high
(around 1980), but have only gotten serious about it in the last 10
years or so (almost entirely self-taught), and have only been employed
in the field for about 5 years.  I had two years of college (nominally
majoring in chemistry) at the University of Alaska (the state where I
grew up) before dropping out, moving to Seattle, and frittering away
my young adulthood. ;)

I work for a small company that does electronic payment processing and
check management.  Our system is built around an old Pick database
(ugh), and most of my programming is in Pick Proc (a
shell-script-like, but truly horrible, language) and Pick's dialect of
Basic (which is only 20 years out of date...).  As we're moving more
towards integrating our server with desktop PCs, though, I've been
able to use Python for a few projects, and I often use it for
interactively exploring data files and doing sysadmin-type work.

Jeff Shannon
Technician/Programmer
Credit International