[Tutor] printing answers

Rich Krauter rmkrauter at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 5 19:21:47 EST 2004

On Thu, 2004-02-05 at 18:55, Karl Pfl=C3=A4sterer wrote:
> ACK.

That bad, huh?  I've made much worse posts than this one.

> But you lose information the way you wrote the code

Well, actually you don't lose any information because you still have
list_of_strings available. If you want to append items to arrays in the
dict instead of keeping a count in the dict, that's fine too. I guess I
misunderstood; I thought he just wanted a list of unique entries,
regardless of case.=20

> Furthermore try / except without an explicit error condition is
> dangerous.  You also catch errors you perhaps didn't think about.
>=20

Good point. That was sloppy. I figured I could get away with it in a 5
line program, but you're right.=20

Thanks for the feedback.
Rich