[Tutor] Possible Virus Warning

Nick Lunt nick at javacat.f2s.com
Sun Feb 8 15:17:35 EST 2004

Hi Folks,

I dont want to be alarmist but today I've received 2 possible virus emails. The reason I'm telling the list is that there are only 3 instances of when I have given out this email address -
1.	my Mrs
2.	my Daughter
3.	this list

The emails were as follows -
email 1.	subject: hello
		sender:	 postman at bioinformatics.org
		No email message and a single 31.Kb zip attachment named 		file.zip

email 2.	subject: Mail Delivery System
		sender:  python-docs at python.org
		Possibly a binary email message, along with a 33.7Kb 			zip attachment named data.zip

I run linux so it's not an issue, but I thought it best to let you folks know in case you get similar unknown emails, and particularly if you run a windows OS. Email 2 has an encoded/binary message part that opens up directly in the email client regardless of whether or not the attacment is opened.

Hopefully I'm wrong about it, but forewarned is forearmed...

Cheers
Nick.