[Tutor] invalid syntax

Gregor Lingl glingl at aon.at
Thu Feb 12 18:57:00 EST 2004

Christopher Spears schrieb:

>        elif:
>            file_size[b][1] == files_size[b+1][1]:
>                biggest_files = biggest_files + file_size[b][1] + file_size[b][1]
>        else:
>            biggest_files = biggest_files +
>files_size[b+1]

You have to put another boolean expression between "elif" and ":"
elif means: else if ... . So if *what*?
Ah' a closer look to your code reveals: this file_size[b][1] == ....
comparison should
immediately follow the elif. (Right?) . So simply  delete the :  and
put  the comparison
on line up.
Only if you don't have to check any more conditions,
       else:
suffices.

HTH, Gregor