[Tutor] If Elif

big steve bigsteve127 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 19 17:05:58 EST 2004

I am having a problem getting the IF/ELIF to cooperate with me. I am using a sample from:      Learn to program  By Alan Gauld. I keep getting this msg:

IndentationError: unindent does not match any outer indentation level (<pyshell#3>, line 3)

  But When I don't indent I get:
                                  SyntaxError: invalid syntax

This is the sample I was trying:

value = 100
if value > 10:
    print 'This is OK'
elif value > 50:      #This is where I get that msg (IndentationError)
    print "Whoops, this is never seen'
else
    print ' nor is this'

  I CAN simply us the If format and all works it is just a little confusing!
   Could it be that I have mesed with my default sttings on Indentation? Or am I just to thick to see the obvious?  any help ?  Thanks  Steve Hulett