[Tutor] Python to C++

Danny Yoo dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Thu Feb 19 21:03:45 EST 2004

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004, Matthew Ozor wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I wrote a program that parse an HTML page on the internet.
>
> #partial example
> import urllib
>
> urlopener = urllib.URLopener()
> con = urlopener.open("http://test/test.html")
> output = con.read()
>
> #end example
>

> Now 'output' holds the web page and that what I want. Is there any way
> to do this that easy in C/C++. I've tried google searching for examples
> with no luck. I am using dev-c++ which uses mingw as it compiler.

Hi Matthew,

You might want to ask that question on a forum that focuses on C
programming.  The folks at comp.lang.c++, for example, will probably have
more familiarity with that language's libraries than the folks here on
Python-tutor.

Yes, there are good libraries for doing web-oriented stuff in C.  See the
W3C Consortium's 'libwww' library:

    http://www.w3.org/Library/
    http://www.w3.org/Library/Examples/

Hope this helps!