Re: [Tutor] Program work fine in IDLE but not once compile from Py2exe

Magnus Lycka magnus at thinkware.se
Fri Feb 20 06:06:19 EST 2004

> I have the following function that works fine within IDLE but not  the
> exe version compile under Py2exe.

> LookupError: no codec search functions registered: can't find encoding

You need to tell py2exe to include the appropriate
codec to convert between Unicode and 8-bit ASCII.
For us that would be cp437, and for Sweden cp850,
but I'm not sure about Canada, and I don't know the
py2exe way of doing it from the top of my head.

--
Magnus Lycka, Thinkware AB
Alvans vag 99, SE-907 50 UMEA, SWEDEN
http://www.thinkware.se/  mailto:magnus at thinkware.se