[Tutor] compile problem in emacs

Danny Yoo dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Fri Feb 20 12:57:04 EST 2004

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 vissen at gmx.net wrote:

> i am learning python and use Emacs as the editor (i am new to linux
> also) to compile a simple program to generate fibonacci numbers from the
> example given in the tutorial by Guido Rossum and it gave a syntax
> error.  This example is included as part of documentation in redhat
> linux version 8 .  any suggestions / ideas are useful. thanks for
> reading.

If it's a SyntaxError, we really need to look closely at what you've typed
in, as well as what Python is complaining about.  The problem here is that
there are many different ways a SyntaxError can occur! We don't want to
enumerate them all, because you'll get bored, and it won't help.  *grin*

So let's try not guess the problem: show us what you typed, and we can
start from there.

Talk to you later!