[Tutor] REgular expression

Martin Gandhi bioinfo_python at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 25 23:23:29 EST 2004

Hi group,
 I am a newbie to Python.  I am trying to parse the content between " ". My file containts a list of 5000 vertices, please see below.
I've been trying to parse the content inbetween quotes ("xxxx").

My Regular Expression:
>myre = re.compile("\s\"/[a-zA-Z0-9]\"/")
>m = myre.match(str)
>print m.group()
>None

I tried several other option, but every time I get None as the answer.
Could any one please help me in getting the content between quotes. A part of the file that I have to parser is pasted below:
Thanks
MG

*Network aho2
*Vertices  5000