[Tutor] Socket connection refused

Djoumy . deadviannou at caramail.com
Thu Feb 26 14:00:00 EST 2004

 Hi,
I've managed to solve my socket problem !!
That wasn't directly connected to Python programming. 2 weeks ago I've got my network card roasted, so I
bought a new one and installed it with the same connexion params. Everything worked without any problem
(internet, ftp, icq...) until I discovered I wasn't reachable by ping commands or anything using socket
connexions.
In fact, WinXP (without telling it to me...) thought the old card was still here, so it had kept its MAC address.
Then no socket connexion could be opened because there was a MAC id mismatch... It took me near 1 week to
find the problem but now everything's OK.
Thank you all for having proposed your help, maybe I should install Linux on my computer to avoid stupid bugs
like this...

Djoum's