[Tutor] IDLE/XP

Rob Andrews rob at jam.rr.com
Thu Feb 26 20:05:50 EST 2004

In the arena of Windows, one option is always to uninstall and then
reinstall, paying careful attention to any details that might make an
impact in functionality. And with XP, security settings can also be an
issue. For instance, was Python installed and configured while logged
into the machine with Administrator powers?

When I read your problem, I downloaded Python 2.3.3 as a
limited-privileges user, then logged in as a user with Administrator
privileges to handle the installation (using default install options).
Logging back in as a limited-privilege user, I was able to run IDLE
without incident.

Can you think of any details that might stand out on your end?

-Rob