[Tutor] WebDAV filesystem access with Boa Constructor

Alex Newby anewby at mailbolt.com
Mon Jan 5 17:37:17 EST 2004

Hi,

I am trying to connect with Boa Constructor to a subdomain, but get the
error message:

"...The requested URL // was not found on this server..."

And, more specifically (from Boa's event log):

10:58:29: xml.parsers.expat.ExpatError: syntax error: line 1, column
          49Traceback (mostrecent call last):
10:58:30: xml.parsers.expat.ExpatError: syntax error: line 1, column
          49 File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-
          packages\wxPython\tools\boa\Explorers\Explorer.py", line
          147, in OnOpen
10:58:31: lst = data.openList()
10:58:32: File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-
          packages\wxPython\tools\boa\Explorers\DAVExplorer.py", line
          180, in openList
10:58:33: l = XMLListBuilder(resp.body).lists
10:58:34: File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-
          packages\wxPython\tools\boa\Explorers\DAVExplorer.py", line 49,
          in __init__
10:58:35: self.status = parser.Parse(data[xmlStart:xmlEnd+1], 1)
10:58:36: xml.parsers.expat.ExpatError: syntax error: line 1, column 49

> I said, "Could you give me the absolute system path to try? I think Boa
> could be a little weak with this."

The friendly SysAdmin at Zettai said, "With http that would not have
anything to do with things. Boa would need to pass the VirtualHost
variable. You might want to make sure it can do HTTP 1.1 Good luck."

Does anyone know anything about this? I suppose the alternative, if this
doesn't work, would be to use Cadaver  under Cygwin, but it would really
make life easier if this could work through Boa.

BTW ~ Thanks to this list I found out about Stani's Python Editor.
Exactly what a would-be programmer like me needs. Lots of hand-holding:)
I have GVim with Cream on my system, but it just doesn't seem where its
at. Curious if anyone knows what Stani means by 'extensible with Boa'?