[Tutor] graphics

Danny Yoo dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Tue Jan 13 14:33:49 EST 2004

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004, philip gilchrist wrote:

> I am trying to use the graphics module from livewires, and can't get any
> timing working. It seems to me that the timing from the main program and
> the graphics are separate.

Hi Philip,

(I feel like I've answered this question several times already... *grin*)

If you're using the livewires package, use livewires's version of sleep().
So instead of:

    time.sleep(3)

just say:

    sleep(3)

The function you're using now, time.sleep(), actually conflicts with the
graphical subsystem in Livewires.

If you have the time, please email the Livewires folks and request that
they emphasize the time.sleep()-vs-livewires.sleep() issue in their
documentation.

Good luck to you!