[Tutor] memory problem (II part)

Danny Yoo dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Wed Jan 14 14:30:58 EST 2004

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004, Guillermo Fernandez Castellanos wrote:

> The main idea is that variables that take lot's of place exist all over
> the code. I tried to delete some of them, when they are not returned,
> but memory does not get lower.

Hi Guillermo,

Just checking up on this: when does memory usage shoot up?  Do you know if
it's when you're querying the database?  If so, then we can concentrate on
how the database is being queried.

> Could this memory be occupied by the SQLite database itself?

It's a possibility, though I wouldn't assume this quite yet.  I can't take
a look at the code yet (I'm still at work!  *grin*), but when I get home,
I'll see if I can catch something in the code.  Thanks for posting your
code up.

(Personal experience: I did run into a real leaking bug in MySQLdb about
two years ago,

So leaking can happen in C extensions if the C extension is buggy.  But
still, such things are really darn rare.  Let's just make sure your code
is fine before we start hacking at SQLite... *grin*)

Talk to you later!