[Tutor] "Big Letters".

Roger Merchberger zmerch at 30below.com
Thu Jan 15 16:07:57 EST 2004

Rumor has it that Danny Yoo may have mentioned these words:
>[snippety]

>On a tangent note, has anyone seen:
>
>     http://online-judge.uva.es/portal/modules/acmproblemset/

Interesting... Saw a few "fun" proggies that might be good for benchmarking
stuff... ;-)

>Jorge's question touches on one of the contest challenges, an LCD number
>displayer problem:
>
>     http://online-judge.uva.es/problemset/v7/706.html
>
>*grin* Anyone want to try their hand at this?

[snippety]

>An LCD digit is composed of 7 components:
>
>   0
>  1 2
>   3
>  4 5
>   6

I'm not going to spoil it by quoting the entire proggie, but you might be
able to use this proggie more useful for other things if you numbered the
segment sequence like this:

[[ This is from "ancient" memory - it may not be 100% accurate ]]

a e
b d
  c  h[dp]

as that's the sequence (again, IIRC...) that 7-segment LEDs used (such as
the TIL311 used on the Heathkit 3400 Motorola 680x based microprocessor
trainer, which used 6 LEDs for it's visual output) you could use this as a
basis for a microprocessor trainer emulator... ;-)

[[ yea, I added the dp -- decimal points are very handy on calculators...
;-) ]]

Anywho, I have to go play with the pyserial package, so I won't have a
chance to tinker with that proggie for a while... ;-)

Laterz,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger

--
Roger "Merch" Merchberger   ---   sysadmin, Iceberg Computers
zmerch at 30below.com

Hi! I am a .signature virus.  Copy me into your .signature to join in!