[Tutor] scripting vs programming

Lloyd Kvam pythontutor at venix.com
Tue Jan 20 13:36:56 EST 2004

I'll bite.

Scripting is programming with a language that does not need to
be (manually) compiled and has close integration to the operating system
commands or to an application.  Many scripting languages are simplistic
and unsuitable for larger scale software projects.

Python is a programming language that fits into the scripting
niche, but is also suitable for a very wide range of applications.