[Tutor] ImportError: No module named klg.. (fwd)

Danny Yoo dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Tue Jan 20 13:50:08 EST 2004

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 08:47:31 -0600
From: Vishwavasu.Chobari at utstar.com
To: Danny Yoo <dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu>
Subject: Re: [Tutor] ImportError: No module named klg..

Danny,
      I am back with another question -
      How do I use double arrays in jython?
I know to use single dimension arrays.

Could you bail me out for the second time?
:))

P.S: Thanks for the earlier reply, there was some problem with my
classpath.

--Vishwa.

Danny Yoo <dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu> on 01/06/2004 12:36:58 AM

To:    Vishwavasu Chobari/C/UTStarcom at UTStarcom
cc:    tutor at python.org

On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 Vishwavasu.Chobari at utstar.com wrote:

>       I am Vishwa working with JCChart to create a PIE chart. I have the
> following two lines in my code to use JCChart.
>
> from com.klg.jclass.chart import *
> from com.klg.jclass.chart.JCChart import *
>
> Despite setting the python.path, python.home, sys.path et al to the jar
> file that contains these classes, I get the error -
>

> 01/05/2004 18:36:16 (E) PythonScript: exception: Traceback (innermost
> last):
>   File "schema\standard\Jobs\scheduledReports\generatePPPStatistics.py",
> line 23 , in ?
> ImportError: No module named klg

Hi Vishwa,

I am confused right now.  Are we talking about a Python module, or a Java
module?  JCChart, as far as I can tell, is a Java package,

http://java.quest.com/support/jclass/dv/docs/api/com/klg/jclass/chart/JCChart.html

so CPython won't work with it.  Instead, you can use Jython to access it.

    http://www.jython.org/

If you use Jython, then adding the JAR to your Java CLASSPATH should do
the trick.

If you have further questions about Jython, there's a mailing list
dedicated to Jython: