[Tutor] ImportError: No module named klg.. (fwd)

Danny Yoo dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Tue Jan 20 13:50:08 EST 2004

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 08:47:31 -0600
From: Vishwavasu.Chobari at utstar.com
To: Danny Yoo <dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu>
Subject: Re: [Tutor] ImportError: No module named klg..

      I am back with another question -
      How do I use double arrays in jython?
I know to use single dimension arrays.

Could you bail me out for the second time?

P.S: Thanks for the earlier reply, there was some problem with my

Danny Yoo <dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu> on 01/06/2004 12:36:58 AM

To:    Vishwavasu Chobari/C/UTStarcom at UTStarcom
cc:    tutor at python.org

On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 Vishwavasu.Chobari at utstar.com wrote:

>       I am Vishwa working with JCChart to create a PIE chart. I have the
> following two lines in my code to use JCChart.
> from com.klg.jclass.chart import *
> from com.klg.jclass.chart.JCChart import *
> Despite setting the python.path, python.home, sys.path et al to the jar
> file that contains these classes, I get the error -
> 01/05/2004 18:36:16 (E) PythonScript: exception: Traceback (innermost
> last):
>   File "schema\standard\Jobs\scheduledReports\generatePPPStatistics.py",
> line 23 , in ?
> ImportError: No module named klg

Hi Vishwa,

I am confused right now.  Are we talking about a Python module, or a Java
module?  JCChart, as far as I can tell, is a Java package,

so CPython won't work with it.  Instead, you can use Jython to access it.

If you use Jython, then adding the JAR to your Java CLASSPATH should do
the trick.

If you have further questions about Jython, there's a mailing list
dedicated to Jython:

Good luck to you.