[Tutor] Re: Need suggestions on how to join a Python project.

Andrei project5 at redrival.net
Fri Jan 23 16:47:20 EST 2004

hcohen2 wrote on Fri, 23 Jan 2004 15:29:14 -0500:

<snip>
> I have some free time to really learn python this time, and for me
> working on a real project accerates the process.  The down side would be
> that I would require some extra effort directing my work.
<snip>
> Anyone have any ideas?   (Forget Ask Slashdot, my post was rejected.)

I don't know if you're interested in GUI stuff, but my suggestions concern
wxPy-based projects.
- Spe (http://spe.pycs.net/): I think it's a very promising and useful
project.
- wxGlade (http://wxglade.sourceforge.net/) is also a very good one - you
could probably start on something relatively small, like adding support for
a single widget to it.
- A wxPy port of EasyGUI (http://www.ferg.org/easygui/) - this would be
something really easy to do.
- Boa (http://boa-constructor.sourceforge.net/) - for the really big stuff

--
Yours,

Andrei

=====
Mail address in header catches spam. Real contact info (decode with rot13):
cebwrpg5 at jnanqbb.ay. Fcnz-serr! Cyrnfr qb abg hfr va choyvp cbfgf. V ernq
gur yvfg, fb gurer'f ab arrq gb PP.