[Tutor] exporting? saving? whatever you want to call it.

Daniel Ehrenberg littledanehren at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 27 13:59:37 EST 2004

Mike McMullen wrote:
> I have a small program written that you can enter
> your employment info into
> (date you started, date you ended, supervisor's
> name, job title, etc.)
>
> It's a niffty little program (if I do say so myslef)
> but I was wondering if
> there is anyway I can save it (or export it) to a
> database (excell like) or
> something like Microsoft Word.
>
> If you need some more info or even the code itself
> just tell me.  Still
> learning the ropes.
>
> Thanks.

You can use the win32all module to interface with the
MFC, but if you want a more cross-platform solution,
you should probably use something else. One option is
reportlab (www.reportlab.org), a free, open source,
cross-platform PDF generation library. Another option
would be to use a true SQL database like MySQL. The
standardized Python/SQL interface makes it so that you
can switch database backends without changing your
code much. You could always just use a text file
(possibly in CSV format for excel).

Daniel Ehrenberg