[Tutor] Re: do pythons like coffee?

Lee Harr missive at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 31 10:44:14 EST 2004

>I am studying JavaScript of late. And it occurs to me that a script
>pumping out a webpage might use a little javascript in it for assorted
>nefarious purposes. Anyone familiar with the friendlyness of these two
>unlikely bedfellows?

I guess my response would be ... it is no more dangerous than serving
a plain text file with a malicious javascript on it.

The nice thing about server-side scripting (and why I prefer it to the
client-side scripts) is that it's all the same to the browser. On the
server it might be pulling in pieces from all over the place -- templates,
scripts, configuration files, environment variables -- but in the end it
sends out a stream of bytes and the client just sees it as a file.