[Tutor] Python to connect to MySql

tpc at csua.berkeley.edu tpc at csua.berkeley.edu
Thu Jul 1 12:08:28 EDT 2004

hi Bernard, you might want to look at MySQLdb for win32:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mysql-python

Once installed, a simple thing would be to import MySQLdb, and run the
following code to test:

def mySQLtest():
        DB = 'mysql'
        HOST = 'localhost'
        DB_USER = 'root'
        DB_PASSWORD = ''
        conn = MySQLdb.Connection(db=DB, host=DB_HOST, user=DB_USER,
passwd=DB_PASSWORD)
        cursor = conn.cursor()
        sql = """show tables;"""
        cursor.execute(sql)