[Tutor] A year's calendar to a text file?

Lloyd Kvam pythonTutor at venix.com
Sat Jul 3 12:19:34 EDT 2004

It looks like prcal (and the other print functions in calendar) use
sys.stdout for the output file.  There's no real skill to the
programming solution.  The problem is knowing the name (binding) for the
file used in the calendar module.  The solution is to assign (bind) your
file to the name used in the calendar module.  Since sys.stdout is
generally the default output file, you will want to bind sys.stdout back
to its original file after you are done printing the calendar.  try /
finally is the python language construct to use to make sure that
sys.stdout is restored even if something goes wrong printing the
calendar.  Also, you need to import sys to be able to reference
sys.stdout.

Hopefully this is the information you are looking for with the right
level of detail.