[Tutor] A year's calendar to a text file?

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Jul 3 19:15:23 EDT 2004

> I'm just beginning to get into learning the use of file methods. I'm
> wondering what the limits are. One I've thought of is, can I write
to a
> file a year's calendar created using the calendar module?

I've not used calendar but I assume you could provided calendar
allows you to store its output as a string. The file methods can
handle vast amounts of data so that shouldn't be a concern.

Have a look at the Files topic in my tutor for more info on using
files.
(including writing binary data to files!)

Alan G
http://www.freenetpages.co.uk/hp/alan.gauld/tutor2