[Tutor] A year's calendar to a text file?

Dick Moores rdm at rcblue.com
Sun Jul 4 05:48:55 EDT 2004

I've got it, thanks to both Alan Gauld and Lloyd Kvam:

I found this function in the calendar module:

=====================
calendar( year[, w[, l[c]]])

Returns a 3-column calendar for an entire year as a multi-line string.
Optional parameters w, l, and c are for date column width, lines per
week, and number of spaces between month columns, respectively. Depends
on the first weekday as set by setfirstweekday(). The earliest year for
which a calendar can be generated is platform-dependent. New in version 2.0.
==========================

So,
"""
import calendar

calendar.setfirstweekday(6) #sets first day of week to Sunday
inp = calendar.calendar(2005)

outp = file("c2005.txt","w")

for line in inp:
     outp.write(line)

outp.close()

print "Year 2005 calendar created as c2005.txt"
"""

Thank you, tutors!

Dick Moores