[Tutor] How-to for writing modules

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Jul 9 23:36:03 CEST 2004

> I'm trying to find some good documentation for writing modules.
I've
> been looking at the C/API docs but I'd like to find a step-by-step
guide
> for module creation.  Anyone know where I could find something like
that
> (online or books)?

My tutorial contains a topic on writing Python modules, but I assume
from what you are saying about the C API that you want to create
a C module?

My suggestion would be to write in in Python first to check you really
need it in C. If you do, go to the extending & embedding topic in the
standard documentation. Programming Python also has a chapter or so on
writing C modules, as do several other books.

Alan G
http://www.freenetpages.co.uk/hp/alan.gauld/tutor2/